Gerry Gaydos has been practicing law in Eugene since 1977, and in that time has cultivated a reputation for excellent client service and unparalleled civic contributions. He began his career as an Assistant Staff Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force, before moving his family to Eugene and serving as an assistant District Attorney. Since entering private practice, his clients have included those looking to start, operate, purchase, reorganize, or sell a business, though his practice also emphasizes estate planning, mediation, arbitration, and dispute resolution. He is honored by the trust his clients place in him, and he strives to develop long term relationships with good clients.
But the hallmark of Gerry’s career has been his civic involvement and his love for our community and the legal profession. Some highlights include:
- President, Oregon State Bar Association (2009)
- Member, Board of Bar Governors (2001-2009)
- Chair, OSB Policy and Governance Committee (2002-2007)
- Chair, OSB Public Affairs Committee (2002-2007)
- Chair, OSB Court Fees Task Force
- Chair, OSB Mandatory Mentoring Program
- Member, OSB Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Member, OSB Affirmative Action Committee
- Member, OSB Business Law Section Executive Committee (Chair, 2000-2001)
- Member, OSB Debtor-Creditor Section Executive Committee
- President and Board Member, United Way of Lane County
- President and Board Member, Downtown Eugene, Inc.
- Board Member, Campaign for Equal Justice
- Co-founder and past President, City Club of Eugene
- Past President and Board Member, Lane Transit District
- Past President and Board Member, Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past President and Board Member, Eugene Family YMCA
- Past President and Board Member, Eugene Southtowne Rotary
- Past President and Board Member, Birth to Three
- Past President and Board Member, Eugene Active 20-30 Club
- Member, City of Eugene Planning Commission (1985-1991)
- Member, City of Eugene Budget Committee (1994-1997)
- Member, Eugene Library Foundation
- Past Board Member, Sacred Heart Foundation
- Past Board Member, First Congregational Church
- Past Board Member, Metropolitan Affordable Housing, Inc.
- First Citizen of Eugene, 2011
- Oregon State Bar Award of Merit, 2010
- Lane County Bar Distinguished Service Award, 2010
- Lane Council of Governments Civic Achievement Award, 2006
Gerry is married to his wife of 39 years, Jill, and has two grown sons, Josh and Geoff. In the little spare time he does have, Gerry enjoys gardening, reading, fishing, and staying active.