Michael Long joined Gaydos, Churnside and Balthrop in May, 2015. Mike was a principal partner at his former firm for 37 years and continues to represent his valued clients in the areas of insurance defense, civil litigation and real estate matters.
Mike has shared his experience as a trial lawyer with other members of the bar by giving numerous continuing legal education presentations and has served as the chairperson of various Oregon State Bar (OSB) committees including the Joint Legal-Medical and Uniform Civil Jury Instructions committees. He is also a long-time member of the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (OADC) and previously served as a Board Member of that organization. Mike also volunteers his time on occasion to represent the OSB in ethical matters.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate, Construction and Land Use
- Trials and Hearings
- Mediation and Arbitration
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law
- B.S., Economics with Honors, University of Oregon
- Member, Oregon State Bar Joint Legal-Medical Committee
- Member, Oregon State Bar Uniform Civil Jury Instructions Committee
- Member and Past Board Member, Oregon Association of Defense Council
- Past President and Board Member, Eugene Country Club
More About Michael
Locally, Mike has been involved as a parent, spectator and coach of his three sons during their younger years. When Michael is not a lawyer, he loves to golf and spend time with his five grandchildren.