Don Churnside is a founding shareholder of the firm, and has been practicing law in Eugene since graduating from the University of Oregon in 1979. Don values the personal relationships he has developed with clients, and has a reputation as a dogged advocate who works hard to reach the best results for his clients.
Don has served on the Debtor-Creditor, Real Estate and Business Sections of the Oregon State Bar Association, and is a frequent speaker on collection law and debtor-creditor issues. He has authored Oregon State Bar Continuing Legal Education articles on contract law and the execution and foreclosure of liens. He is the former Chairman of the Oregon State Bar Legal Ethics Committee, former member of the Board of Directors for the Lane County Bar Association, the Oregon State Bar Continuing Legal Education Committee and the Oregon State Bar Future of Legal Professionals Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Intellectual Property
- Estate Planning
- Creditors’ Rights
- Real Estate, Construction and Land Use
- Trials and Hearings
- Mediation and Arbitration
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law
- B.A., Linfield College
- President and Past Board Member, Eugene Public Library Foundation
- Past President, Junior Achievement of Lane County
- Past President, Eugene Hearing and Speech Center
- Past President, McKenzie-Willamette Hospital Foundation
- Past President, Oregon Club of Eugene-Springfield
- Past President, Eugene Rotary Club
- Past President and Board Member, Eugene Country Club
- Past President and Board Member, Eugene Swim and Tennis Club
- Past President and Board Member, Country View Estates Homeowners Association
More About Don
When he’s not a lawyer, Don enjoys the great outdoors and beauty of the Pacific Northwest. He is an avid golfer and fisherman and enjoys camping, hiking and spending time with his family and friends.